about the book
Do you sometimes feel like a gerbil in an exercise wheel—lots of noise and action, but going nowhere?
Today's lifestyle creates that kind of pressure. Whether its frustration over conflicting appointments or a fractured marriage, stress is our daily diet. If we are to continue as capable servants of God, we must learn to manage (and even grow through) the stress that surrounds us.
De-Stressing Your Life will help you take charge of your stress and bring it under God's control. As you blend scripture with godly action, you will learn to set priorities, release perfectionism, and invite God's calm over the upheavals of your life. You may even learn the handy little word, no. Designed for personal reflection with optional follow-up group discussion, each chapter includes:
- From Stress to Source—takes you to the source of stability, God himself as revealed in scripture
- From Stress to Strength—a narrative further explaining some of the biblical principles you have just studied, along with strories of how others have used these principles to manage stress
- From Stress to Action—concrete ways for you to identify your own sources of stress and take charge of a solution, as well as instruction for creating a personal Spiritual Notebook
- Group Guide—discussion questions and interactive projects for men and women who want to encourage each other as they endure (and learn to manage) stress
- Focus Groups--Additional questions are available on this website for de-stressing Health Issues, Marriage, etc.